Tucker and Bloom Bags

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yes Yes Yall!!!

What's new out there everyone? I have pretty much been ghost for quite a bit now. Reason being, I have been waiting on this right here...
Photobucket
My recording software bit the dust on my last post and, well...it was time to upgrade! So Pro Tools was the next step. I figured that most of my recordings could only be so good when running them off a free program and a 1/8 jack in the back of my computer. So to make a long story short, it's time to jam! Again, it's been a minute and I have dug up quite a few records since then. Let me see here...so far I have recieved...

Photobucket

Yup! Pretty much the whole Bruton catalog in shiny NM conditions! Well, about 175 of them to be exact. Lotta cheese on there I must admit, but that's how it goes on library ya dig? So, requests I don't mind...but we gotta keep it groovy unno?

First off...thank you to all of the subscribers out there. Good to see folks tuning in to the sound! Gotta few things coming up, so here we go!

Photobucket

This is gonna be a BIG event, for real! Me and my man Kidragon are throwing this event in the sunny San Diego. First off, if you don't know who Danny Dan the Beatman is, then let me hip you. Dan is the man behind the break/library compilation called "Dusty Fingers".

Photobucket


Photobucket

I must admit, he was one of the 1st people to put me on to the library scene years ago. Shows you how much learning you need, when older cats have been hip to stuff for years that you are just beginning to explore. Anyways, rumor has it there may be Marsellus/Dan/Kidragon mixtape in the works?

Also, joining him will be Mr. Supreme!
Photobucket






Now I sure hope all of the record nerds out there are aware of Supreme. From Conception Records, to break record excavation, this guy is a master of his craft when it comes to digging. Straight out of Seattle with Jake One by his side, they are the Conmen. Not cats that con you out of your lunch $, but well respected gentlemen of hip hop that will make you think you have records lol! If you are in the San Diego area then you gotta peep out this event! For real, don't Zzzzz....

Last but not least...

Check out Dj Revolution's new project/site called "In the Cut"...
Photobucket
@ http://www.thecutonline.com/

Revolution is definitely one of my bigger influences when it comes to cuts and multi tracking! Again, another heavyweight digger and hip hop producer. So be sure and check out his new site and archived videos.

With that said, I have also collaborated with Tucket and Bloom.
Photobucket
Whatever kind of bag your into, they got it! I am in the works of getting a sweet record bag right now! Just click the link at the top of my page, and be sure to check out their gear.

With that said, I am going to search through my archive for some weird/obscure library record to post this weekend. I may even get on a roll and post a few! Stay tuned and as always, stay thirsty!

Marsellus Wallace

10 comments:

  1. Been using Protools for 12 years, hope you enjoy :)
    When you get charged up and start making beats, grab some of the free RTAS plug-ins from my list here :
    http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35967

    Feb show looks great, if I wasn't oceans away i'd be there!

    Looking good on the Brutons as well .... now since you mentioned requests, I'd LOVE to hear BRD 10 "Relax", if you have it ....

    Anyway thanks for all the great music !

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a throw down...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruton "Montage of Power"

    Please upload that one if you have it.

    I have more request I cant think of right now.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new toys and the Bruton stash, man! I'm pretty sure there's a choice bit or two of smooth funk hiding behind the unassuming title "Small Jazz Band" (Bruton BRS 3), and I think it's yet to be needledropped if you'd care to give it the MW treatment -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you do, don't lose the funk!

    This is just great news. Psychic high-five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how about contemporary motions bruton number 5

    ReplyDelete
  7. bruton universe/deadly nights

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRI 20 - Audio Visual Energy
    BRI 25 - Explorer
    BRJ 07 - Life Of Adventure/Video Techniques
    BRJ 19 - Drive/The Living City
    BRJ 29 - Points Of Impact
    BRK 02 - High Adventure
    BRK 05 - Contempory Motion
    BRK 06 - Emergency
    BRL 16 - News Front
    BRL 17 - Aggressive Advertising

    As far as I know none of these are available on the web and I think many people (including me!) would love a chance to hear any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the weirdest dream imaginable....I was floating around the library blogsphere, checking out the latest rips when I came across the following line:

    "Let me see here...so far I have recieved...Yup! Pretty much the whole Bruton catalog in shiny NM conditions! Well, about 175 of them to be exact"

    And then of course I woke up because no-one would really offer to share the choice pickings of the Bruton back catalogue...would they?!?!

    Well here goes the few Bruton I have been wanting to hear for what seems like eons and either have never been posted on the net or are poor 128 MP3s circa 2006 rips:

    Top of the list is the theme music from Arthur C Clarke's Mysteries... series which if you were a weirdo child of the late 70s/early80s you would most definitely have watched it and the music was a large part of its appeal:

    1)Alan Hawkshaw - Great Mysteries Of The World
    Label:Bruton Music Catalog#:BRM 7 (1981)

    followed by:

    Alan Hawkshaw - New Horizon/The Seven Wonders Of The World Bruton Music
    Catalog#:BRN 5 (1980)

    Trevor Bastow / Alan Hawkshaw - Kinetics/Vision
    Bruton Music Catalog#: BRI 8 (1980)

    Well thats my top three Bruton requests....I am however extremely intrigued by the story behind the sale of 175 Near Mint Bruton albums, that is if you can tell us without having to kill us afterwards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    About Bruton library and BRI series,
    I wonder if these songs belong to that catalogue:
    http://fotoplastikon.neostrada.pl/help!.mp3
    (maybe A. Hawkshaw is behind that one)

    and these 2 songs:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ubfag487ujt85ie

    a help on this much appreciated !
    Vasco

    ReplyDelete