Tucker and Bloom Bags

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Piero Umiliani - Percussions

Hello out there! How is everyone? I must say that I am very excited. First off, let me give you another one of my famous "I'm Sorry"posts on how I never update my blog and what my general excuse is. Honestly? I have been getting hit up left and right by companies that own the rights to the records I'm posting. They are deading every single link that I post. It's quite unfortunate. I have always tried to focus on records that are not available on CD, or reissued for that matter. But, as the good ol' saying goes...it"s what it is." Going forward I will not have the pleasure of handing out free links. But they can't stop me from posting sound clips and doing reviews (I hope).

What we have here is one of my favorite Umiliani releases called Percussions. It's dark, it's grimy, and to be quite honest...it has attitude! Confident arrangements, slamming drums, and god only knows what equipment was used to record this library masterpiece.

How about a preview?


15 comments:

  1. St. Germain des Pres is held in high regard for a good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear the whole album good to see you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoo come back, and yoo come fat as always...
    This LP is a goldmine!
    Don't stop Marsellus

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing gods work. Never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. geez that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really hoping to hear DJMW rip of the album to see how it compares to the existing one, but in the absence of that, the "man" cannot stop your followers and blog buddies from posting links to a rip of the entire album:

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibmngxdx511/PERCUSSIONS.rar

    This is from the legendary Moogsensations blog, one of the first library related blogs I came across and the link is over five years old (given the outbreak of the fascist mind by the Meejafyre scourbots who have gone copyright crazy, it is astonishing its still up).

    The Piero Umilani library albums from the seventies still sound so creative and innovative and Percussions is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly classic record. Can anyone recommend similar experimental/percussion LPs that have this kind of grit? I love weird solo percussion stuff like this, excellent textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where's the link to this album? Please direct me. Piero's one of my favorates. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK I just saw the link. You have great taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up man! Big ups, we all appreciate your careful digging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome share. thank you very much! you can check out my posts over here http://242east3rd.blogspot.com/ thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great find. Thank you so much for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this very much, but am having a hard time finding a link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually I found one someone posted in the comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete